making christmas cookies, wrapping presents, putting up our lights and decorations, getting ready for holiday parties… all great excuses to watch the best holiday movies! check out our list of the top 5 best movies to celebrate the season!
1. White Christmas (1954). Great music and dancing, sweet romance, and really cute clothes on the fabulous Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen. there are too many amazing musical numbers to choose a favorite, but here’s a classic:
2. Elf (2003). This new classic is adorable, hilarious, and infinitely quotable. Will Ferrell makes a perfectly lovable elf, and the the flick delivers fuzzy family moments, a bit of romance, and so much fun.
3. Holiday Inn (1942). Another classic Bing Crosby holiday classic, our favorite parts of this movie are the romantic song and dance numbers sprinkled throughout. Bing and Fred Astaire have great comic chemistry as they fight over the love of the statuesque, and beautifully dressed, Marjorie Reynolds.
4. Miracle on 34th Street (1947). We love the sweet story of little Natalie Wood’s journey to discover that Santa is indeed real, then help him to convince everyone else in New York City, too; just in time for Christmas Eve, of course.
5. It’s a Wonderful Life (1946). The classic “I wish I’d never been born” movie that reminds us all that we have lots more to live for than we might realize. Plus, James Stewart is absolutely adorable, as usual.
what are your favorite holiday movies???