we love her music, but what we love more is, of course, her style. she is a talented musician, a stunning performer, and an amazing, unique woman. the first and only of her kind. a trailblazer. but you already knew that, didn’t you? we have decided to celebrate the birthday of the queen of all things fabulous, Lady Gaga, with an ode to our favorite looks of her career.
9. out and about in new york city, 2011. she can so easily go from over the top to chic elegance, and here she showed us a bit of both, in a chic and sexy belted pink frock, scarf, and hat. a teal lip coordinated beautifully, and reminded us that, despite the simplicity of the silhouette, she still loves to push the envelope.
8. the Telephone music video, 2009. we love pretty much everything about this video, from the edgy, bold sexuality to the amazing costumes. our favorite is the ode to Madonna’s Who’s That Girl? phase, with a twist (naturally) of pop can hair rollers and over the top lips and eyes.7. Canada’s MuchMusic Awards, 2011. gaga was ever so chic in a colorful 80s-inspired look; a boxy jacket, worn over delectable printed leggings, topped with dark glasses and bright teal hair. the outfit is refreshingly flattering, and the signature sky-high platforms add height and a fun contrasting animal print to round out the look.6. gaga being cute and candid, 2013. we love this epic tweet, where she showed her goofy side in nerdy glasses and a funky floppy brimmed hat in a black and white color scheme. deep red lips completed the perfectly imperfect look. we love her sense of humor!5. performing on The View, 2011. in head-to-toe Salvatore Ferragamo houndstooth, complete with hat, glasses, and shoes, gaga visited the talk show and performed… on a matching houndstooth piano. only Mother Monster herself could get away with that.
4. Born This Way video, 2011. for her anthem to equality, she assembled a cast of unique characters, including model Rick Genest, known for his allover body tattoos. she dressed herself up as his feminine counterpart, matching his unique face and black and white tuxedo, topping herself off with a sassy pink ponytail. we love this sexy, androgynous, and macabre look.
3. at the 2012 Grammy Awards. she was fierce in a custom Versace look, a regal waist-cinching number in layers of black netting and patent leather, with a long train and gold details including her very own scepter.
2. out and about in London, 2013. the diva wore a surprisingly demure suit, surprising us as she loves to do. she didn’t forget dramatic details in the Vivienne Westwood ensemble, of course, and made sure to don sky high heels, along with a ‘do that also stood tall. the dramatic oversized wig sported a smattering of Ariel-inspired seashells, and the look was topped by a jaunty hat, complete with pheasant feather detail. the look got mixed reviews, but we loved it!
1. MAC Cosmetics, 2010. for a chic Viva Glam line, Gaga was half of a power duo with the fabulous Cyndi Lauper. the two were boudoir chic in platforms, pearls, corsets and curls, and of course sultry lips and smokey eyes. it was the ultimate diva fantasy!
we hope the fabulous fashionista enjoyed her special day. paws up! xoxo